US green fashion retailer Greenloop is asking “Are you the next green girl?“. They’re hosting the first ever green fashion model competition this autumn.
The ethos behind the Project Green Search competition is to inspire people to think about how to align their careers with the environmental, social and humanitarian ethics, serving as a platform to connect mission driven people with sustainable businesses and organizations in the modeling, spokesperson, design, fashion, talent, entertainment and arts arenas.
A whole range of green living experts, environmental activists, celebrities and eco-fashion industry leaders are supporting this project including Lu Magazine, friend of Green Girls Global Eco Chick and the green model queen herself Summer Rayne Oakes.
Entries & Rules
Entries for the competition are being accepted until Friday 16th September. From 17th September the public will be able to view candidates online and vote for their favourite 10. The lucky final 10 will then be invited to Portland on 25th September where they will take part in a photo shoot, interview and runway walk. The finalist competition will take place during Portland Fashion Week 7th – 11th October 2009.
All Search contestants will be required to give 10 hours volunteer time to an environmental group.
Candidates must be at least 17 years of age (there is no upper age limit) and be a resident of the U.S. No previous modelling experience is required but you must be able to attend Portland Fashion Week.
The prizes will include:
- If not yet represented, a contract with Option Model Management, an international model management agency for print, runway and television.
- A professional photography session with fashion photographer Courtney Dailey, complete with organic make-up and sustainable designer clothing.
- A 20 piece Eco-Fashion wardrobe.
- A natural and organic beauty shopping spree at Future Natural.
- Features, articles and covers in publications including Coco Eco Magazine, Organic Spa Magazine, Peppermint Magazine, Chenille Magazine, Electrifying Times, Route 66 Pulse, and more tear sheets to build a portfolio.
- Guidance and introductions by LOHAS to sustainable beauty, fashion and other companies.
- A one year stint as the face of Project Green Search.
So, if you think you can be America’s next green model, visit www.projectgreensearch.com to find out more and enter the competition.
If you liked that post, then try these...
Simple: Shoes for a happy planet by Vicky on January 17th, 2010
A Whole Lotta Love for GGG Tees by Vicky on September 3rd, 2009
The Green Girls Global and Green Guys Global tees are all about projecting ideas for global sustainability.
Swishing East - Saturday 7th March by Vicky on March 5th, 2009