The Green Girls Global and Green Guys Global tees are all about projecting ideas for global sustainability. Each one holds a message about ‘The way life can be’ and is inspired by articles written by the GGG editors.
The Green Girls and Guys talk about living sustainably in many ways and so the themes of the tees reflect those broad ideas and hopes for our planet, including sourcing locally, energy efficiency and conservation.
The tees are designed and printed by Lee Tracy, artist and GGG editor. Lee has other tee projects including Kitten in the Engine and Look for Fiddleheads. She is committed to using low impact ways of printing and producing her organic tees. The printing process uses non-toxic, water-based, textile ink with no hazardous binders, produces little waste and does not require any solvent cleanup. The ink is set into the fibers of the tee with a safe mechanical heat press that keep the fabric soft and washable.
The range of beautiful hand-dyed colours and designs can be bought at the Green Girls Global Etsy shop. Orders of multiple girls or guys tees come with a shipping refund, GGG tote, and a page from Lee’s sketchbook.
Of course I have a GGG tee or two myself and I can vouch for their loveliness. The fabric is extremely soft and the printed images are clear and colourful. But don’t take my word for it here’s what others have to say. There’s a whole lotta love for GGG tees out there…
- Our Etsy shop feedback
- We’re included in I Love Etsy
- Handmade Moon’s top organic t-shirt picksGGG tees are in Dolan Geiman’s ‘Handmade items we love’
- In the Berry Patch says our ‘Learn How we Can’ tee is “So Fabulous!”
- Well Hello Chicago knows a talented designer when they see one – They’re loving Lee’s organic tees
- Life Goggles says they’re the perfect eco-t-shirt
- Kelly Loves Whales fell in love with our sweet sustainable wearables
- The Q at Fashion, Evolved knows a good organic tee when she sees one
- Ethical Junction tells the community about GGG tees
- Catch us on page 75 of Just Cause magazine
Have you got yours yet? Visit our Etsy shop
If you liked that post, then try these...
Simple: Shoes for a happy planet by Vicky on January 17th, 2010
The Green Model Search is On by Vicky on August 16th, 2009
US green fashion retailer Greenloop is asking "Are you the next green girl?".
Swishing East - Saturday 7th March by Vicky on March 5th, 2009